The seven elements I have been painting in order to morph my Nikephorian Byzantine army into a Konstantinian Byzantine one are very nearly finished. I am pleased with the shield decals I made for them. I think the lesson is that if you’re going to make shield decals, use a complex design that you wouldn’t want to hand-paint.
Rather un-patriotically I spent the Melbourne Cup long weekend painting the 37 foot figures for a Papal Italian army rather than watching horse races. I’m still working on the shields, and the hot weather is slowing me down a bit, but I hope to have them finished in a week.