A few weeks ago I finished the Mycenaean army I was painting for Kingo. It took a bit longer than I expected because of family stuff. It’s a big army due to all the choices you have. Hopefully the army list changes with DBA 3.0 won’t mean my painting has been in vain!
I also found time to paint the two optional horde elements for my Middle Anglo Saxons. They will be pretty useless in DBA 3.0 but I can use them as levies in Dux Bellorum (although I think the DB levies are intended to be on a 15mm base). The figures were too good to not paint, anyway – the guys in coolie hats are from Khurasan Miniatures, while the rest are from Magister Militum.
I’m waiting for the weather to cool down before I do more work on my ‘clearing the desk’ project – having too many projects on the go at once was getting me down a bit. Anyway the next stage will be to finish my Middle Anglo Saxons, and then work on my Fairey Firefly and the KV-85s I started a while ago.
Looking back on my post from the beginning of the year, I had been planning to paint my Thracians, Skythians, Middle Anglo Saxons, Bretons, and a few morphs for DBA; and explore other games. I actually managed to get a model and three half models made. and four DBA armies and a couple of morphs painted, but I painted Kingo’s Mycenaeans and my Early/Later Hebrews instead of the Thracians and Bretons. The Thracians are fairly high on my list of things to do next, but a lack of figures means that the closest I’ll be getting to Bretons in the short term will be this rather nice cider I’m having as I write this.